Install BlackBerry Connect and activate using an access key, activation password, or QR code
BlackBerry Connectand activate using an access key, activation password, or QR code
Complete this task if you have not installed the
BlackBerry UEM Clienton your device and your administrator has not allowed the
BlackBerry UEM Clientto manage the activation of
BlackBerry Dynamicsapps, you do not have another
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp already activated on your device, or you choose to activate the app using an access key, activation password or QR code.
To get an activation credentials, choose one of the following options:
- Request an access key, activation password, or QR code from your administrator. Your administrator will send you an email with the activation details.
- Generate an access key, activation password, and QR code from your organization's self-service portal. If you do not know how to access your self-service portal, contact your administrator.
If allowed by your organization, you can activate
BlackBerry Connectusing Easy Activation. An Easy Activation key, when permitted, is supplied by another
BlackBerry Dynamicsapp, like BlackBerry Access or BlackBerry Work, as long as these apps are already installed and activated on your device. If available, you can activate
BlackBerry Connectusing the container password for the activation app.
- Request the activation credentials from your administrator or generate your own from your organization's self-service portal.
- After you receive the email message with the activation details or have generated your own, download and installBlackBerry ConnectfromGoogle Play.
- TapClient End User License Agreementto read the license agreement and, if you accept the terms, tapI Accept.
- Complete one of the following tasks:Activation methodStepsAccess key*
- In theEmail Addressfield, type the email address located in the activation email message that you received from your administrator or type your work email address if you generated your own access key.
- In theActivation passwordfield, enter the access key, without hyphens, that is in the activation email message that you received from your administrator or enter the access key that you generated in theBlackBerry UEM Self-Service. The access key is not case sensitive.
- In theEmail Addressfield, type the email address message that is in the activation email that you received from your administrator or type your work email address if you generated your own activation password.
- In theActivation passwordfield, enter the the activation password that is in your activation email message that you received from your administrator or enter the activation password that you generated in theBlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
*Optionally, you can tapAdvanced Settingsand enter your email address, access key or activation password, and theBlackBerry UEMaddress.
- TapUse QR code.
- TapAllowto giveBlackBerry Connectaccess the camera.
- Scan the QR code that you received in the activation email from your administrator or that you generated in theBlackBerry UEM Self-Service.
- If prompted, create and confirm a password forBlackBerry Connect. If your device is equipped with fingerprint authentication, you can turn on this option to use instead of the password, except on initial startup.
- If prompted, allow theBlackBerry Connectapp to use your location history to establish trusted locations.
- If you are in aCisco Unified Communications Managerfor IM and Presence environment, enter yourCisco Jabbersign-in ID and network password and clickAccess. You must enter these credentials if you sign out and sign in toBlackBerry Connect.
- If other devices, including your principal workstation, are also signed in, you will receive a notice advising you of this condition.
- Tap theBlackBerry Dynamics Launcheror the screen to start usingBlackBerry Connect.