Install and activate BlackBerry Enterprise BRIDGE using the BlackBerry UEM Client
BlackBerry Enterprise BRIDGEusing the
BlackBerry UEM Client
Complete this task if you have installed the
BlackBerry UEM Clienton your device and your administrator has allowed the
BlackBerry UEM Clientto manage the activation of
BlackBerry Enterprise BRIDGE.
- Make sure that aBlackBerry Dynamicsapp is installed and activated on your device. In this example, we will useBlackBerry Work.For instructions, see theBlackBerry Workuser guide for your device.
- Make sure that the supportedMicrosoft Intunemanaged apps are installed and activated on your device.
- If your administrator did not automatically push the app to your device, open theWork Appsapp and install theEnterprise BRIDGEapp. If you do not see theEnterprise BRIDGEapp in theWork Appsapp, contact your administrator to make the app available to you.
- On your device, tapBB Bridge.
- On theMicrosoft Sign inpage, enter your email address.You must log in to theBlackBerry Enterprise BRIDGEapp using the same email address that you use forBlackBerry Work. Using a different email address to log in is not supported.
- If your organization has a login page, enter your username.
- Enter your password.
- TapSign in.
- TapOKto acknowledge that your organization protects the data in the app and to restart the app.
- TapBB Bridge.
- If prompted, set a PIN or useTouch IDto access your organization's data using theEnterprise BRIDGEapp.
- Read the license agreement and if you agree, tapI agree.
- To activate theEnterprise BRIDGEapp, enter your password for the app that is displayed in the activation request. For example,BlackBerry WorkorBlackBerry UEM Client.
- If this is the first time that you have logged in to theEnterprise BRIDGEapp, the Tutorials screen opens and displays a list of two tutorials. View one or both tutorials or tapCloseto close the Tutorials screen.
- In the reminder dialog box, tapOK. You can view the tutorial later from the Settings screen.