Troubleshoot issues using devtools
You can use
Google ChromeDeveloper Tools to help you troubleshoot the
If your access is blocked by your administrator, the
BlackBerry Accessbrowser is not available in
Google Chromedeveloper tools.
- Verify thatBlackBerry Accessfor desktop is enabled for developer mode by your administrator.
- Verify thatGoogle Chromeversion 32 or later installed is on your computer.
- Verify thatBlackBerry Accessis installed and activated on your device.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- On your device, open theBlackBerry Accessapp and navigate to a web address.
- On your desktop, openGoogle Chrome.
- Complete one of the following tasks:
- On a computer running aWindowsoperating system, click the overflow menu> More tools > Developer tools.
- On a computer running macOS, on the menu, clickView > Develop > Developer Tools.
- In theDevicessection, click the device that is connected to the computer.
- On theRemote devicestab, the following information is listed:
- TheBlackBerry Accessapp
- Open web address tabs
- You can perform the following tests:TaskStepsReload the web address in the open tabClick the overflow menu> Reload.Change focus to another tabBeside the web address that you want to switch focus to, click the overflow menu> Focus.Close a tabBeside the web address that you want to close, click the overflow menu> Close.Open a new tab
Open a debug window for a web addressBeside the web address that you want to debug, clickInspect.You can view browser error messages that might be present and browser elements.
- In theNew tabfield, type the web address you want to open.