About BlackBerry Power Center
BlackBerry Power Center
You can use
BlackBerry Power Centerto manage the power settings on your device. For example, you can do the following:
- Change the battery power settings for an app
- Shorten the length of time before your device goes to sleep
- Dim the screen
- Set your device to use battery saving mode when determining your location
- Set battery saver to turn on when battery power is low
The icon indicates settings that can be adjusted to optimize your batterly life.
Change the battery power settings for an app
To save battery power, you can assign an existing power profile to an app or customize the power settings for an app. On the Apps and games screen,
BlackBerry Power Centerrecommends the apps that would benefit most from changes to power settings.
Changing the battery power settings for an app might affect the app's performance.
- In theBlackBerry Power Centerapp, tapApps and games.
- Tap the name of the app. If the app doesn't appear in the list, tap , and then tap the name of the app.
- Turn on the switch beside the app name.
- Do one of the following:
- To assign a power profile that reduces the screen brightness, tapPerformance.
- To assign a power profile that reduces the screen brightness and resolution, tapBalanced.
- To assign a power profile that reduces the screen brightness, resolution, and frame rate (the rate that the screen refreshes), tapEnergy saving.
- To change the screen brightness, resolution, or frame rate manually, turn on theUse advanced settingsswitch. Tap beside any of the settings, and then tap an option.
- To see how your changes affect the app, tapTry it.
- To save your changes, tap .