Add descriptions for a product
You add descriptions for your product so that users visiting the BlackBerry App World storefront can read descriptive text to learn about your product.The short description appears for the user when the product displays in a list, category, or search result in BlackBerry App World. The long description appears when users view the product details in BlackBerry App World.
Descriptions can be posted for specific platforms. Note that the tab for BlackBerry OS handheld device refers to a BlackBerry smartphone running 7.x OS or earlier, the tab for QNX handheld device refers to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, and the tab for QNX tablet device refers to BlackBerry PlayBook.
- Click the Default tab, and in the Short Description field, type a description of the product that is less than 50 characters.
- On the Default tab, in the Long Description field, type a description of the product that is less than 4000 characters. When you add a short and a long description for your product on the Default tab, and do not complete short and long descriptions for specific device platforms on other tabs in this screen, the content provided in the Default tab will be displayed for all platforms that support your product.
- In the Key Words field, you can add up to 5 key words, separated by commas, to help identify your application during a search. This field has a maximum limit of 4000 characters.
- If you are offering the product in multiple languages, click Add Language.
- In the Language drop-down list, select the language. Type the short description and long description for that language in the Default tab.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 as necessary.
When you have finished adding languages in the
Default tab, perform any of the following
- Click the tab for BlackBerry OS handheld device, QNX handheld device, or QNX tablet device to add unique short and long descriptions, and keywords for the indicated platform. You can add multiple languages for the descriptions of each platform tab.
- Click Next if you don't want to add unique descriptions for different platforms.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.