Search This Document
Add general information for a product
The first Product Details screen to appear is a tab identified as Step 1 and requires general information about your product.
- In the Product Name field, type the name of the product. If you add a product that has the same name as one or more products that you added previously, you can make only one of the products available for sale on BlackBerry App World.
By default, BlackBerry App World installs the product on BlackBerry devices using the product name that you just entered, and
the vendor name that is associated with your membership account. If you want BlackBerry App World to install the product on devices using a different
product name or vendor name, click the Override JAD
file product and vendor names checkbox and peform any of the
- In the Product Name field that appears, type the product name.
- In the Vendor Name field that appears, type the vendor name.
- In the SKU field, type a SKU value for the product. The SKU is used to identify the product in BlackBerry App World. The SKU value must be at least five characters. Each character must be a digit from zero to nine, or a letter from A to Z (upper case or lower case), or a dash ( - ), or an underscore ( _ ). The SKU value must contain at least one non-numerical character.
- In the Category drop-down list, click the appropriate category and subcategory for the product.
- Click Add Rating.
- In the Content Rating window, for each category, select the option that accurately describes the product. The Current Rating at the top of the window displays the content rating that corresponds to the information that you provided.
- Click Submit. If you want to change the information that you provided, click Edit Rating. After Research In Motion approves the product for distribution, you cannot change the content rating. To change the content rating after the product is approved, submit a request to BlackBerry App World administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the License Type drop-down list, click the appropriate license type for your product. If necessary, select the appropriate options in the additional drop-down lists that appear. For more information about the additional fields, see Information on the Product Details screen. After you add a release for a product, you cannot change the license type, regardless of the status of the release or the product. To change the license type of an approved product, you must make the product unavailable on BlackBerry App World and submit it again as a new product with a different license type.
- In the Facebook Page field, type the address that you have associated the product with for social networking on Facebook.
- In the Twitter Account field, type the address that you have associated the product with for social networking on Twitter.
- In the Support Email field, type the email address that users can contact for support information for your product. If you do not specify a support email address for the product, the support email address that you specified for your vendor portal account is used.
- In the Support URL field, specify the web address that users can access for support information for your product. If you do not specify a support URL for the product, the homepage URL that you specified for your vendor portal account is used.
- Click Save.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.