Search This Document
Add digital goods for a product
A digital good is additional content that can be purchased for a product, such as a movie rental that can be viewed for a specific period of time, or extra levels for a game. When you add a digital good for a product, you do not upload binaries or file bundles for the digital good. You must design the source code of your product to give users the option of accessing your digital goods. You add digital goods to a product using the vendor portal to define the pricing and use-model for the digital goods.
- Add a product to the BlackBerry App World storefront.
- Add a release for the product.
- Log in to your BlackBerry App World vendor portal account with an Admin role or a Product Submit/Modify role, and click Manage Products.
- Perform a search based on your product name.
- In the Goods column for the product, click the add icon.
- In the Name field, type a name for the digital good.
- In the SKU field, type a SKU value for the digital good. The SKU is used to identify the product in BlackBerry App World. The SKU value must be at least five characters. Each character must be a digit from zero to nine, or a letter from A to Z (upper case or lower case), or a dash ( - ), or an underscore ( _ ). The SKU value must contain at least one non-numerical character.
- In the License Type drop-down list, click the appropriate license type for the digital good. If necessary, select the appropriate options in the additional drop-down lists that appear. For more information about the additional fields, see Information on the Add a Virtual Good screen.
- In the Short Description field, type a description of the digital good that is less than 50 characters.
- In the Long Description field, type a description of the digital good that is less than 4000 characters.
- If you are offering the digital good in multiple languages, click Add Language.
- In the Language drop-down list, select the language. Type the short description and long description for that language.
Perform one of the following actions:
- To save the information for the digital good, click Save.
- To save the information for the digital good and to add another digital good, click Save and Add Another.
Submit the product to Research In Motion for approval.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.