The BlackBerry platform
lets you give users access to external services, such as Facebook, from a UI
component or action item in your application. For example, users could tap
- "Share" to share a photo with a Facebook
- "Open in" to open an image in an image editor
- "Set as" to set a ring tone
- "Contact" to call a contact
You can give users access to external services in the action bar, action menu, or context
- Order services alphabetically.
- Include a Cancel button at the top left corner of the screen.
- Avoid providing access to a group of services directly from the action bar.
Allow users to access groups of services from the action menu instead.