Verify that you downloaded the BlackBerry® Pushcast™ Player package for BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.1 from the BlackBerry® Pushcast™ Console.
- On the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, navigate to <drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion.
- Right-click the Research In Motion folder.
- Click Properties.
- On the Sharing tab, click Share this folder.
- Click Permissions.
- To provide read-only permission to the Everyone group, in the Allow column, select the Read check box.
- Click OK.
- In the Properties window, click OK.
- Confirm that the following path exists: \Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Applications. If any of the folders in this path do not exist, you can create the folders manually.
- To create a folder manually, perform the following actions:
- In the Applications folder, extract the files for the BlackBerry Pushcast Player.
At the command prompt, navigate to
Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader, and type
The command prompt does not provide a confirmation or response to the command.
- In the <drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Applications folder, confirm that the AppLoader created the specification.pkg file and PkgDBCache.xml file.
- In the BlackBerry Manager, select BlackBerry Domain.
- On the Software Configurations tab, select Add new Configuration.
Device Software Configuration dialog box,
perform the following actions:
- In the Configuration Name field, type the name of the software configuration.
- In the Configuration Descriptions field, type a description for the software configuration.
- In the Application Name section, expand the Application Software list.
- In the Application Software list, select the check box beside the application control policy that you created.
- In the Delivery column, click Wireless.
- In the column to the right of the Delivery column, click an application that you want to associate with the BlackBerry Pushcast Player.
- Click OK.