Configure BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 so that you can send the BlackBerry Pushcast Player to users
You must perform the following tasks to configure BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 so that you can send the BlackBerry® Pushcast™ Player to BlackBerry devices and BlackBerry device users can then install the BlackBerry Pushcast Player on their devices:
- create a shared network folder
- log in to the BlackBerry Administration Service
- add the BlackBerry Pushcast Player to the application repository
- configure the network share
- create a software configuration
- manage software configurations
- assign a software configuration to user accounts or groups in your organization
In the BlackBerry Administration Service, you can create a software configuration to send the BlackBerry Pushcast Player to users. You can also specify which user accounts or groups that you want to assign the software configuration to.
You can only use the software configuration that you create in a BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 environment. You should create a software configuration to send the BlackBerry Pushcast Player to users instead of making changes to the default IT pollicy.