Process flow: Displaying an ad on a screen
- The application sends an HTTP GET request that contains an ad request to the
Service mediation layer.
The ad request contains the unique identifier for the ad placement (the zoneId parameter).
- The mediation layer receives the ad request, examines the past performance of the ad networks and the preferences of the developer, and sends an HTTP GET request that contains the ad request to the appropriate ad network server.
- The ad network server receives the HTTP request, examines the past performance of ads in the application, identifies the target audience based on the information that is included in the ad request, and returns the appropriate HTML ad to the mediation layer.
- The mediation layer returns the HTML ad to the application.
- The application displays the ad in a Banner object.
- The BlackBerry device user views and clicks the ad.
- The application sends a request through the mediation layer to the ad network server to obtain a destination URL.
The contents of the destination URL varies depending on the type of action. For example, the destination URL can contain a website address.
- The ad network tracks the click and sends the destination URL back through the mediation layer to the application.
- The application performs the actions that are associated with the type of action (for example, opens a website or prompts the user to make a call).