Prepare your app for BlackBerry App World
The BlackBerry App World vendor portal provides you with flexibility for managing and offering your products on the BlackBerry App World storefront. You should prepare the following forms and information before you log into the vendor portal to submit your app.
- To collect payments for products, you must have a PayPal account and associate it with BlackBerry App World, when you apply for a vendor account. You must also accept the terms and conditions of the license agreements for Digital River and Bango to collect payments.
- To make a digital good available, such as consumable content or extra levels of a game, you need to design your app so that users can access the digital good.
- You must upload appropriate tax forms if you are a resident of Canada or the United States.
- You can upload file bundles for your product in a prepared .zip file. Preparing the content and format of the .zip file is covered later in this section.
- Your company logo, icon, and screen shots can be uploaded with your product. See the best practices for preparing your images for upload.
- User-generated content must be protected, particularly to safeguard children and minors. Details for preparing information related to user-generated content are covered here.
- If your product includes any 3rd-party content, like video, images, ebooks, newsfeeds, and so on, then you need to submit information for digital rights authorization.
- Depending on your country of origin and where you want to offer your products, you may need to complete paperwork to comply with international export regulations. Specifically, you may need to provide an ECCN or a copy of the product's CCATS document.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.