Visual style

BlackBerry 10 uses a sophisticated, fresh, and broad-ranging color palette. Neutral colors serve as the background and account for approximately 90% of the color on the screen. Brighter accent colors account for the remaining 10%. The visual style incorporates real-life metaphors such as using traffic light colors to convey meaning (for example, red for negative actions or results).

If you incorporate backgrounds, use patterns which are repetitive and scalable. Try to incorporate patterns instead of using images or gradients. Backgrounds with a repetitive pattern use less memory and don't appear grainy when scaled.


This image shows the functional colors.


This image shows the colors for backgrounds.


This image shows the colors for text.


This image shows the colors for applications.


This image shows the color for settings.

Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.