Setting up the sample application in the BlackBerry JDE
Install the sample application
- Visit http://www.blackberry.com/go/udpsample to download the sample application.
- Extract the udpdemo.zip file.
- On the taskbar, click Start > Programs > Research In Motion > BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0 > JDE.
- Open the workspace that you want to add the sample application to.
- In the workspace tree, right-click the project that you want to add the sample application to.
- Click Add project to <workspace directory>.
- In the Add project to <workspace> dialog box, browse to the folder where you extracted the sample application.
- Open the client folder.
- Click the udpemo.jdp file.
- Click Open.
Run the sample application
- In the workspace where you added the udpdemo project, right-click udpdemo.
- Click Build project.
- On the taskbar, click Start > Applications > Research in Motion > BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0 > Device Simulator.
- On the Home screen of the BlackBerry® Smartphone Simulator, click the Downloads folder.
- Click the UDP Demo icon.
- On your computer, browse to the folder where you extracted the sample application.
- In the server folder, double-click run.bat to open the server-side sample application.
- In the client-side sample application on the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator, type a message.
- Click the Send button.
Next topic: Install the sample application
Previous topic: System requirements