Process flow: Sending content from the Chalk Pushcast Software to devices
- An author assigns content to one or more Chalk Pushcast Player users.
- The content assignment puts the content in a queue in the Chalk™ Pushcast™ Software and the Chalk Pushcast Software notifies the mobile initiator service for the content assignment.
- The mobile initiator service determines when the Chalk Pushcast Software can send an encrypted notification email message to the Chalk Pushcast Player on a device that lets the device know how to download the content.
- The device decrypts and decompresses the email message that includes the content delivery instructions.
- The messaging server deletes
the email message automatically from the device if the device is associated
BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
Microsoft® Exchange or
BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for
IBM® Lotus® Domino®.
If the device is not associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, the messaging server cannot delete the email message from the device. For example, if a device is associated with the BlackBerry® Internet Service and the Chalk Pushcast Player user associated one or more web-based email accounts or POP3 email accounts with the device, the email message provides information about its function and includes instructions not to delete the email message.
- The Chalk Pushcast Player retrieves all of the items that are identified in the delivery instructions from the Chalk Pushcast Software.