Distributing digital goods from a content server
If you host your digital goods on a content server, you can notify your content server about successful purchases in two different ways. You can design your application to send notifications, or you can request a notification from the Payment Service.
To request notifications from the Payment Service, you must set up a dynamic license model when you register the digital goods in the BlackBerry App World vendor portal. When you set up a dynamic license model for your digital goods, provide an HTTPS URL for your content server. After each successful purchase, the Payment Service server sends your content server a request for a license key, as well as the following parameters that describe the successful purchase:
- pin: the device PIN
- email: the email address associated with the user's BlackBerry ID account
- product: the name of the application that the digital goods are purchased from
- version: the version of the application that the digital goods are purchased from
- transactionid: a unique identifier for the successful purchase
- sku: the SKU
- test: true or false depending on whether the purchase is initiated using a BlackBerry ID account that is configured for testing
After your content server receives the notification, it's up to you to make sure that your users receive the digital goods that they purchase. For information about sending data over the wireless network, visit https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/devzone/ to read the BlackBerry Java SDK Networking and Connectivity Development Guide.