Set up Java environment variables
Before you begin: Verify that you are running the 32-bit version of the Java SE Development Kit (JDK).
- In Windows, open the Environment Variables dialog.
- Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to the directory where you installed the the JDK, for example: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_24. In 64-bit Windows, the default path is C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_24.
- In the PATH environment variable, add %JAVA_HOME%\bin; to the beginning of the string.
- Click OK to save and close the Environment Variables dialog.
- Verify that your environment variables are set correctly.
Next topic: Install and run the BlackBerry MDS Simulator