Search This Document
Process flow: Inviting a contact to join a BlackBerry Messenger connected application connection
- The BlackBerry device user initiates an invitation from the BlackBerry Messenger connected application to join a channel connection.
- The application displays a Contact picker list. The BBM platform populates the list. Only the contacts who have the application installed on their BlackBerry devices are displayed in the Contact picker.
- The user selects the contacts from the Contact picker and sends the invitation.
- The application assigns a unique invitation ID. Each invitation has a time limit, after which time the invitation expires.
- The BBM platform receives the request and forwards the invitation to the specified contacts.
- The BBM platform maintains a list of pending invitations for both the user, who is awaiting a response, and the contacts, who must either accept or decline.
- The contacts receive the invitation within BBM.
- Each contact accepts or declines the invitation.
- The BBM platform returns the response to the user.
- The application validates the response against the invitation ID.
- If the invitation is accepted and validated, the BBM platform opens a connection and tracks the user and the contact as active participants in the BBM connected application.
- The BBM platform removes the invitation from the list of pending invitations for both the sender and receiver.
- If the invitation expires, or if the user leaves the application before the invitation is accepted, the BBM platform notifies the contact that the invitation is no longer valid.
Next topic: Process flow: Inviting a contact to download a BlackBerry Messenger connected application
Previous topic: Process flows