Create a new file
When you start the Plazmic® Composer or create a new project, you can select a predefined canvas size based on the BlackBerry® device you specify as your template. By default, the Plazmic Composer creates a canvas that is the same dimensions as the LCD screen of the chosen template device. If you choose, you can create a custom canvas size for your project.
- Click File > New.
- In the Name field, type a name for your new Plazmic Composer project.
- In the Device field, select a device to use as a template for your project. The Plazmic Composer sets the canvas height and width values to the screen size of the selected device.
- To set custom dimensions for your canvas, specify the dimensions in pixels in the Width and Height fields.
- Specify the background color by choosing one of Transparent, White, or Custom.
- If you chose Custom in Step 5, click the adjacent color swatch to open the Color Picker, then select the color you want to use for your background.
- Click Create.