Setting up the sample application in the BlackBerry JDE
Install the device-side sample application
- Visit http://www.blackberry.com/go/gpssample to download the sample application.
- Extract the zip file.
- On the taskbar click Start > Programs > Research In Motion > BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0 > JDE.
- Open the workspace that you want to add the sample application to.
- In the workspace tree, right-click the project that you want to add the sample application to.
- Click Add project to <workspace directory>.
- In the Add project to <workspace> dialog box, browse to the folder where you extracted the sample application.
- Click the GPSDemo.jdp file.
- Click Open.
- In the workspace, expand the gpsdemo project.
- Double-click GPSDemo.java.
- In the GPSDemo.java file, replace the value of the constant _hostName with the name of the server that is running the server-side gpsdemo application.
Run the sample application
- In the workspace where you added the gpsdemo project, right-click gpsdemo.
- Click Build project.
- On the taskbar, click Start > Applications > Research in Motion > BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0 > Device Simulator.
- On the Home screen of the BlackBerry® Smartphone Simulator, click the Downloads folder.
- Click the gpsdemo icon.
- On your computer, browse to the folder where you extracted the sample application.
- In the server folder, double-click run.bat to open the server-side sample application.
Next topic: Install the device-side sample application
Previous topic: Run the sample application