Search This Document
Setting up in the BlackBerry Java Development Environment
To setup your application in the BlackBerry Java Development Environment, perform the following tasks:
- Download and install the BlackBerry Java Development Environment at https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/java/download.
- Extract the files from the Advertising Service SDK to an appropriate location on your computer.
- Create a workspace.
- Create a BlackBerry application project.
- Add the Advertising Service library to your project.
Create a workspace
Create a project
Add the Advertising Service library to your project
- In the BlackBerry Java Development Environment, in the right pane, right-click a project and click Add File to Project.
- Navigate to the location that you extracted the Advertising Service SDK to and double-click the folder for the version of BlackBerry Device Software that your application is designed to run on (for example, double-click the 6.0 folder if the application runs on BlackBerry 6).
- In the Files of Type drop-down list, click All Files.
- Select the net_rim_bbapi_adv_app.jar file, and click Open to add the library file to the project.