Managing ad networks
In the developer portal for the Advertising Service, on the Ad Feeds tab, you can configure the ad networks that your applications use to retrieve ads. You can create configurations that apply to specific applications or to all of your applications.
In each configuration, you can choose which ad networks your applications send requests to, and what request percentage to use for each ad network. The request percentage specifies how many ads are requested from a particular ad network. For example, if you specify two ad networks for your application with request percentages of 80% and 20%, respectively, then 80% of your application's ad requests are sent to the first ad network, and 20% of the ad requests are sent to the second ad network.
You can allow the Advertising Service to select the optimal request percentage based on CTR and fill rate. For example, if one ad network has a CTR of 1% and a second ad network has a CTR of 0.5%, the Advertising Service assigns a larger request percentage to the first ad network.
Change the request percentage for an ad network
- In the developer portal for the Advertising Service, in the upper pane, click Ad Feeds.
- In the lower pane, click Existing configurations.
- Beside the application configuration that you want to change, click the change configuration icon.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- To allow the Advertising Service to select the optimal request percentage for your application's ad networks, select the Auto Optimize check box.
- To specify the request percentages for each ad network, clear the Auto Optimize check box and use the sliders beside each ad network to specify the request percentage, or type a request percentage in the Fill % field.