Getting started with the Web Inspector
Launch the Web Inspector to remotely inspect and modify content
- Verify that your computer is communicating on the same Wi-Fi network as the BlackBerry smartphone or BlackBerry tablet, or is connected to your computer via a USB connection.
- Verify that your computer has a WebKit based desktop browser, such as Google Chrome or Apple® Safari™, installed on your computer.
- On your computer, open a WebKit-based browser.
In the address bar, type the IP address of the
tablet, and specify port 1337. For example:
- Click on any of the available links to view the content in the Web Inspector. The Web Inspector opens and displays the Elements panel.
Retrieving the IP address used to connect to the BlackBerry device
Retrieve the IP address on a BlackBerry smartphone
On a BlackBerry smartphone or smartphone simulator running BlackBerry 7, when you enable the Web Inspector for the BlackBerry Browser, the browser displays the IP address and port number it is communicating over. If you have forgotten the IP address, you can access this information by disabling Web Inspector, then re-enabling it. For more information, see Enable the Web Inspector for the BlackBerry Browser on BlackBerry 7.
If you are running a BlackBerry WebWorks application or a BlackBerry Java Application, the application displays the IP address when it is launched. To retrieve the IP address, close the application, then restart it.
Retrieve the IP address on a BlackBerry tablet
- On the BlackBerry tablet or BlackBerry Tablet Simulator, open the Options screen.
- On the Options screen, click About to view information about the tablet.
- In the drop-down list at the top of the About page, choose Network.
- Locate and record the IP address in one for the following locations:
Web Inspector panels
The Web Inspector contains a number of panels, each of which provides different functionality that you can use to help you to improve the appearance and performance of your webpage. You can display a panel by clicking the icons in the toolbar that is located at the top of the Web Inspector.
The Web Inspector includes the following panels: