Generate a key store
To generate a key store and add the self-signed SSL certificate for the BlackBerry Administration Service , you can use the keytool utility from a Windows® command line.
Before you begin: Download the self-signed SSL certificate from the BlackBerry® Administration Service to a temporary folder on your computer.
- On the taskbar, click Start > Run and type cmd to open a Windows command prompt.
- Locate the bin folder of the active JRE™, by performing the following actions:
- In the Windows Control Panel, open Java.
- In the Java Control Panel window, click the Java tab.
- In the Java Application Runtime Settings section, click View.
- In the JNLP Runtime Settings window, on the User tab, find and write down the path of the first platform in the list. For example, if the first path is C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe, then C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ is the path of the bin folder for the active JRE.
- Use the cd command to navigate to the bin folder of the active JRE.
cd C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin
- Invoke the keytool utility to add the SSL certificate for the BlackBerry Administration Service to a key store.
keytool -import -trustcacerts -file C:\Temp\BAA\bascert.cer -keystore bas.keystore -storepass <password> -alias bas
- Type y and press ENTER.