Setting up the sample application in the BlackBerry JDE
Install the sample application
- Visit www.blackberry.com/go/tiltsampleapp to download the sample application.
- Extract the tiltdemo.zip file.
- On the taskbar, click Start > Programs > Research In Motion > BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0 > JDE.
- Open the workspace that you want to add the sample application to.
- In the workspace tree, right-click the project that you want to add the sample application to.
- Click Add project to <workspace directory>.
- In the Add project to <workspace> dialog box, browse to the folder where you extracted the sample application.
- Click the tiltdemo.jdp file.
- Click Open.
Run the sample application
- In the workspace where you added the tiltdemo project, right-click tiltdemo.
- Click Build project.
- On the taskbar, click Start > Applications > Research in Motion > BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0 > Device Simulator.
- On the Home screen of the BlackBerry® Smartphone Simulator, click the Downloads folder.
- Click the Tilt Demo icon.
- To simulate tilting the BlackBerry® device in the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator, on the Simulate menu, click Tilt BlackBerry. Click an orientation.
Next topic: Provide feedback
Previous topic: Run the sample application