Before you begin:
- Pair the computer with the BlackBerry device.
- On the taskbar, click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Bluetooth Devices.
- On the COM Ports tab, verify that the outgoing COM Port appears (this port appears as "Hi there").
- On the taskbar, click Start > Programs > Accessories > Communications > HyperTerminal.
- In the Connection description dialog box, in the Name field, type a name for the session.
- Click an icon for the session.
- Click OK.
- In the Connect To dialog box, in the Connect using drop-down list, click the COM port for the Bluetooth® connection.
- On the BlackBerry device, on the Home screen, click the Downloads folder.
- Click the BluetoothDemo icon.
- If the connection to the port is not open, open the connection.
- On the BlackBerry device, accept the connection request.
Previous topic: Run the sample application on a BlackBerry device and a computer (device-initiated connection)