- A BlackBerry Mobile Voice System user connects to an organization's Wi-Fi network and authenticates with the BlackBerry MVS.
- From a desk phone, another user within the organization dials the extension number of the BlackBerry MVS user.
- The PBX routes the call through the Avaya Aura Session Manager to the SIP gateway.
- The SIP gateway creates a call establishment request and sends the request to the MVS Session Manager over a UDP port.
- The MVS Session Manager filters the request through the allowed caller list, blocked caller list, and BlackBerry MVS user's schedule, and sends the request to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- The BlackBerry Enterprise Server compresses, encrypts, and sends the request to the BlackBerry device over the Wi-Fi network.
- The device decrypts and decompresses the request and accepts the call.
- The BlackBerry MVS user answers the call and voice communication occurs over an RTP connection between the BlackBerry device and the SIP gateway.
Previous topic: Call flow: Receiving a BlackBerry device–initiated call on a device from an external number