SIP gateway process flow: Making a BlackBerry device–initiated call to an internal number
- A BlackBerry Mobile Voice System user makes a call from a BlackBerry device to an extension number in the user's organization.
- The BlackBerry MVS Client creates a call establishment request, which includes the destination extension number. The BlackBerry MVS Client compresses, encrypts, and sends the request to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server over the wireless data network.
- The BlackBerry Enterprise Server decrypts, decompresses, and sends the request to the MVS BlackBerry Enterprise Server Connector.
- The MVS BlackBerry Enterprise Server Connector sends the request to the MVS Session Manager.
- The MVS Session Manager sends a confirmation request to the device. The confirmation request includes the DID/DDI number that the BlackBerry MVS Client uses to communicate with the MVS Session Manager.
- The BlackBerry MVS Client uses the wireless voice network to make a call to the PBX using the DID/DDI number.
- The PBX sends the call to the SIP gateway.
- The SIP gateway sends the call to the MVS Session Manager over the SIP trunk using the DID/DDI number.
- The MVS Session Manager answers the incoming call. The MVS Session Manager sends a message to the BlackBerry MVS Client to indicate that it answered the call.
- The MVS Session Manager and the BlackBerry MVS Client use a two-way protocol to authenticate the call.
- The MVS Session Manager verifies the call and requests that the SIP gateway establish a call through the PBX to the extension number using the SIP trunk.
- The PBX determines that the extension number is internal to the organization and rings the extension number over the organization's LAN.
- The recipient answers the call at the desk phone.
- The MVS Session Manager uses DTMF tones to indicate to the device that the call is connected to the extension number. The MVS Session Manager instructs the SIP gateway to connect the two call legs, and voice communication can occur.
Next topic: SIP gateway process flow: Making a call from a BlackBerry device using Voice over Wi-Fi to an internal number
Previous topic: SIP gateway process flow: Making a PBX-initiated call from a BlackBerry device to an internal number