Managing caller restrictions
You can use the caller restrictions feature to filter incoming calls to the work phone number on the BlackBerry device. When the BlackBerry MVS Server receives a BlackBerry Mobile Voice System call from the PBX, before the BlackBerry MVS Server rings the BlackBerry device, it filters the incoming phone number through two lists: Blocked Callers and Allowed Callers. If the BlackBerry MVS Server finds the incoming phone number in the allowed callers list, and the user has not selected No Callers Allowed, the BlackBerry MVS Server rings the BlackBerry device. If the BlackBerry MVS Server finds the incoming phone number in the blocked callers list, it does not ring the BlackBerry device, and if the user does not answer the call on the desk phone, the PBX sends the call to the user's voice mail, if it is configured. If the user does not have voice mail configured, the blocked caller receives a busy signal.
You can restrict all calls, restrict all calls except blocked callers, permit all calls, or permit calls only from allowed callers.
- All Callers Allowed: The BlackBerry MVS Client does not filter any calls to the BlackBerry device.
- All Callers Except Blocked: The BlackBerry MVS Client permits the BlackBerry device to receive calls from all callers except those that are associated with the blocked callers list.
- Allowed Callers Only: The BlackBerry MVS Client permits the BlackBerry device to receive calls that are associated with the allowed callers list only.
- No Callers Allowed: The BlackBerry MVS Client blocks all calls to the BlackBerry device.
Configure caller restrictions
You can configure caller restrictions for new or existing user accounts. The names that you add to the caller lists are used for reference only. The BlackBerry MVS Server filters incoming calls based on the phone number. If you make changes to a template, the BlackBerry Mobile Voice System does not update the user accounts or the BlackBerry devices that already had the template applied to them.
- In the MVS Console, in the left pane, expand Templates.
- Click Manage.
- Click a template.
- In the Caller Restrictions section, configure the settings.
- In the Blocked Callers list, type the numbers and names of the callers that you want to block. Click Add.
- In the Allowed Callers list, type the numbers and names of the callers that you want to permit. Click Add.
- Click Save.