Search This Document
Extend battery life
- Set your BlackBerry® device to turn on and turn off automatically.
- Charge your device regularly.
- Keep your battery connections clean. Every few months, use a cotton swab or dry cloth to clean the metal contacts on the battery and the device.
- Set backlighting to remain on for a shorter period of time and lower its brightness.
- Turn off the connection to a wireless network when you are not in a wireless coverage area.
- Switch your vibrating notifications to sound notifications or LED notifications, lower the volume of your sound notifications, or select a shorter ring tone.
- Delete the original message when you send a reply.
- Send a message to multiple contacts using Add To, Add Cc, or Add Bcc.
- If your device has a camera flash, turn off the flash.
- Close third-party applications from the application menu when you are finished with them.
- Change your browser options for animated graphics so that they repeat less often on web pages.