Best practice: Optimizing your device performance
Try to maintain at least 400 KB of application memory on your BlackBerry® device. To increase the amount of application memory, try deleting items that you do not need from your device. Consider the following guidelines:
- Delete old email and MMS messages, especially messages with attachments.
- Delete contacts that are already in your organization's address book.
- Delete applications and languages that you do not use.
- If you recently updated the BlackBerry® Device Software over the wireless network, delete the previous version of the BlackBerry Device Software.
- Clear the browser cache.
To use less memory, try changing options for email messages, calendar entries, and media files. Consider the following guidelines:
- Reduce the amount of time that your device stores email messages and calendar entries.
- Stop forwarding email messages to your device when your device is connected to your computer.
- Receive only the first section of long email messages.
- If you changed the picture quality for pictures that you take, change the picture quality setting to Normal.
- Reduce the picture quality in the browser.