Create a BBM channel
When you create a public channel or private channel, you can share your perspective with the BBM community in posts, comments, and chats. You can update your channel profile picture, name, and status to let people know what's happening, specify chat hours, or restrict comments.
- Tap > > > .
- Select a picture.
- Type a channel name.
- Select a category.
- To control who can join your channel, set the Private Channel switch to On. You can't change this option later.
- Tap Save.
Edit your channel
Your channel posts and channel profile can help influence whether or not people join your channel. From the channel settings, you can turn on or turn off BBM chats and specify chat hours.
- Open a channel that you created.
- To change your channel profile or details, at the top of the screen, tap the channel picture or name.
- To change your channel settings, tap > .
- To specify chat hours, in your channel settings make sure that the Allow BBM Chats With You switch is set to On. Then, beside the Chat Hours field, tap Always Available and set the switch to Off.
View subscribers and statistics
You can view data on how people discovered your BBM channel and what posts are the most active. People can see your posts when they preview your channel, but they must join your channel if they want to like or comment on your posts.
- In a channel that you created, tap Stats.
- To view your current subscribers, tap Subscribers.
Delete your channel
If you delete your channel, the channel and all of its data no longer appear in BBM.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.