With BBM, you can chat and share in real-time with your BBM contacts. Your BBM profile is made up of a unique PIN, a status message, and a picture. You control your contact list and decide who can add you as a BBM contact. During a chat, you can see when someone has read your message or is typing a reply, share pictures and other files, and start BBM Video chats for face-to-face conversations.
Besides messaging directly with your contacts, you can also participate in social communities, such as BBM Channels and BBM Groups. Join channels from people, brands, and services to see their posts, or create your own channel. Share calendar events and track to-do lists in a group without needing to add all members as BBM contacts.
You can use BBM over a Wi-Fi connection, such as while you're travelling, to avoid extra data charges.
What's new in BBM
The new features for BBM include the following:
- BBM Channels
- Discover promoted posts and offers from channels that you haven't joined yet.
- Block a sponsored channel if you don't want to see ads from that channel again.
- BBM stickers
- Find and buy stickers in BBM.
- Send stickers to BBM contacts.
- When you receive a sticker in a chat, preview other stickers by that artist.
- Change your payment method before you pay for stickers by using the BlackBerry World storefront.
- BBM chats
- Send larger files (up to 16 MB).
- Send pictures in multiperson chats.
The new features for BBM 10.3 included the following:
- BBM chats
- Choose from over 100 new emoticons.
- Send a Glympse to your BBM contacts to share your location on a map for a short period of time. You can edit the duration after you send it.
- Add a link to a Dropbox file, and save files that you receive to Dropbox.
- Send a voice note, Glympse, or Dropbox link in multiperson chats.
- Capture and send voice notes and pictures by using fewer taps.
- Suggest BBM contacts to other people.
- Invite more people to BBM Groups now that the limit is increased from 30 to 50 members.
- Share your BBM PIN with apps or services, from the menu or your profile.
- Hide specific contact updates. For example, stop seeing a contact's status changes or, if the updates are from another app, hide app updates from that contact or all contacts.
View this content on your device
Learn more about BBM
on your device by scanning this QR code with the Smart Tags app.
Tutorial: Setting up BBM using a BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry 10 device
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.