Start a BBM Video chat
Accept or decline a BBM Video chat or BBM Voice chat
When you receive a BBM Video chat or BBM Voice chat, the name of the person and the type of chat appear on your screen. You can silence the ring tone before you respond by tapping .
- Touch and hold the circle at the bottom of the screen.
Do one of the following:
- To accept the chat, slide your finger to the left. Release your finger when the circle covers or .
- To decline the chat, slide your finger to the right. Release your finger when the circle covers .
Switch cameras or share your screen
- To switch to the rear-facing camera, tap .
- To share your screen, tap .
- To move your video thumbnail, touch the thumbnail and drag it to a different corner of the screen.
- To move your video chat to an external display, such as a
TV, tap .Note: This feature requires that your BlackBerry device either supports Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast technology or is connected to an external display with an HDMI cable.
About BlackBerry Natural Sound
The BlackBerry Natural Sound icon, , appears on the screen during a BBM Video chat or BBM Voice chat when the right network conditions are present.
BlackBerry Natural Sound technology is designed so that you can share experiences as if you were there. For example, you can hear nuances and variations in the other person's tone, pick up ambient sounds like music playing in the background, and experience stereo sound.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.