Join or create a BBM channel
View, share, or comment on posts from people, brands, and services in BBM. You can discover featured channels, search for specific channels or subjects, be invited to channels, or create your own channel.
When you create a public channel or private channel, you can share your perspective with the BBM community in posts, comments, and chats. You can update your channel profile picture, name, and status to let people know what's happening, specify chat hours, or restrict comments.
- Tap > .
Do one of the following:
- To search for a channel, tap . Tap a channel. Tap .
- To create a channel, tap > .Note: If you make your channel private, you can't make it public later. Channels that you create are associated with your BlackBerry ID and can't be transferred to another BlackBerry ID.
To see all of your channels, tap .To access your channel on a computer, visit www.bbm.com/channels and sign in using your BlackBerry ID.
Invite people to a channel
- In a public channel, or in a private channel that you created, tap > .
- Select an option.
Comment on a channel post
- In a BBM channel or on the Updates screen, tap a post.
Do any of the following:
- To like the post, tap .
- To add a comment, type in the comment field.
- To reply to a comment, tap the specific comment. Tap.
View your BBM channel notifications
You can view all of your notifications for the channels that you joined or created. For example, you can see when people reply to your comment or like your post.
Chat with the channel owner
In the channel's profile, you can see when the channel owner is available to chat.
- In a BBM channel, tap .
- Type your message or select an emoticon.
- Press the Send key.
You can report a comment or a post to the BBM channel owner if you think that the content is inappropriate. The channel owner might decide to delete the content.
- Touch and hold a post or comment.
- Tap .
Leave or delete a channel
If you delete a BBM channel that you created, you can't restore the channel or its data.
- Tap > .
- Touch and hold a channel.
- Tap or .
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.