I can't add a BBM contact
- Check if the contact recently changed names by tapping .
- Check that the email address, phone number, or PIN in your invitation matches the person's current information.
If the person's device is turned off or if the person blocks you, your invitation might continue to appear in your Sent list.
If you invite people who don't have BBM, you might have to wait for them to download BBM and set up BBM before you invite them again.
To view your pending BBM invitations, complete the following:
- Tap > .
- Tap Sent.
To cancel an invitation, touch and hold an item in the Sent list and tap .
I used the wrong BlackBerry ID for BBM
If you accidentally sign in to BBM using the wrong BlackBerry ID, you must delete all of the data from your BlackBerry device to use a different BlackBerry ID.
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings > BlackBerry ID.
An app keeps prompting me
Applications might ask for permission to connect to BBM. If you grant permission, you can chat from within the BBM connected app, update your status, and share your activities and achievements on your BBM profile.
To change your options for BBM connected apps, complete the following:
- In the Settings app, tap Security and Privacy > Application Permissions.
- Tap the app's name.
- Change the options. For example, limit certain actions or disconnect the app from BBM.
- Tap .
I accidentally blocked an invitation
- In BBM, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap > Blocked Contacts and Updates.
- Touch and hold a name.
- Tap .
I can't use BBM
- Check that your device is connected to a wireless network.
- Check that other apps that require Internet access are working. For example, open the BlackBerry Browser and go to a website.
- Open BBM. If prompted, complete any setup steps.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.