Restore your device data
You can restore backup files that you created from BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry 10 OS and BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 or later, or BlackBerry PlayBook tablets running BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1.
- On your computer, open BlackBerry Link.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- At the side of the BlackBerry Link window, click your device.
- Click Restore Data.
Do one of the following:
- To restore all of the data in a backup file to your device, click a backup file.
- To restore specific data in a backup file to your device, click a backup file. Clear the Restore all data checkbox. Select the checkbox beside one or more databases that you want to restore.
- To restore data from a backup file that is not listed, click Open another backup folder. Navigate to the .bbb file or .ipd file. Click OK.
- Click Restore.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.