Set backup preferences
You can set up BlackBerry Link to automatically back up your BlackBerry device data when you connect your device to your computer. You can also customize the backup file name that BlackBerry Link creates and select which types of data to include in your backup file.
- On your computer, open BlackBerry Link.
- At the side of the BlackBerry Link window, click your device.
- Click Back Up & Restore.
To set up BlackBerry
Link to automatically back up your device data, do the
By default, BlackBerry Link backs up all of your device data.
- Select the Automatically back up my device checkbox.
- In the drop-down list, select how often you want to back up your device data.
To back up specific data, do the following:
- Select the Custom Backup option.
- Select the checkboxes beside the data you want to include.
- To change the default location where backup files are saved on your computer, click .
- To change the backup file name, click the icon beside the File name field and type a new name. Press Enter.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.