Create an event
- In the Calendar app, tap .
- Enter the information for the event.
- Tap Save.
Tip: In any schedule view (for example, in the day schedule view or in the week view), you can also create an event by just tapping a spot on the schedule. Tap the New Event block that appears to change the event.
Invite people to an event
If your account supports adding participants to events, then you can add participants either when you create the event, or after. If you added a Microsoft Exchange work account, you can connect to the remote server to add people who aren't in your contact list.
When you create or change an event, tap the Participants field.
- If the person that you want to add is in your contact list, start typing a name. Tap the name from the list.
- If the person that you want to add is in your organization, and you added your work account to your device, type the name. Tap Look up.
Tip: Some accounts might let you view the participants' availability. After you add all the participants to the event, tap the event time near the top of the screen. If any of the participants have a schedule conflict, the time slider at the top of the screen is red. To find a time that works for everyone, move the slider until it turns green.
Add a location to an event
When you create or change an event, do one of the following:
- To type a location manually, in the Location field, type a location.
- To open the Maps app and choose a location, in the Location field, tap . Choose a location.
Schedule a recurring event
- When you create or change an event, tap the time for the event.
- Tap No Recurrence.
- In the Recurrence drop-down list, tap an option.
- When you're finished, tap .
Change the availability status or reminder time for an event
When you create an event, to save you time, the BlackBerry Calendar app uses your default settings for the event's availability status and the reminder time. You can change these settings.
When you create or change an event, tap any of the icons at the top of the
- To change the availability status, in the Status drop-down list, tap Busy, Out of Office, or Free.
- To change the reminder time, in the Reminder drop-down list, tap an option.
- Tap Save.
Add conference call details to an event
When you add conference call details to a meeting or event, participants with BlackBerry devices can use the Join Now feature to join the conference call without dialing the various numbers and conference call bridges.
Tip: You can save your conference call details in the BlackBerry Calendar app settings so that you don't have to manually add the details to each conference call meeting.
- When you create or change an event, tap any of the icons at the top of the screen.
In the Conference drop-down list, do
one of the following:
- To add new conference call details to your event, tap Add Bridge. Enter a name for the conference call, and the phone numbers and access codes. Tap Save.
- If you have conference call details saved in your Calendar app settings, tap a conference call bridge.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.