Share a smart tag
- To display the smart tag as a QR Code for another device to scan, tap .
- To share the smart tag through a message, such as an email or text message, or to share the smart tag with an application, such as BlackBerry Remember, tap . Tap a message type or application.
- To send the smart tag to another NFC-enabled BlackBerry device, tap > NFC. Align the backs of the devices.
- To copy the smart tag to a writeable NFC tag, tap
. Tap your device against the NFC tag.Tip: NFC tags are often sold as stickers. If you copy your smart tag to an NFC tag sticker, you can stick your smart tags nearly anywhere.
Lock a smart tag
If you copy a smart tag to a writeable NFC tag, and you plan to leave the NFC tag in a public space, you should lock the NFC tag to prevent tampering. When an NFC tag is locked it can't be unlocked, changed, or erased.
- In the Smart Tags app, tap > .
- Align the back of your BlackBerry device with the tag.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.