Transfer passwords to Password Keeper
You can transfer the password data that you saved on your previous BlackBerry device to your BlackBerry 10 device. To transfer the passwords, you must have backed up the password data as part of the backup file during the device switch process, or created a backup of your current passwords on your BlackBerry 10 device. If you saved the password data to a media card, the device automatically detects this data on the media card. If you haven't saved your backup data to a media card, you can also use BlackBerry Link or BlackBerry Protect to transfer the backed up password data.
- On your BlackBerry 10 device, download the Password Keeper app from BlackBerry World storefront.
- On the home screen, tap Password Keeper.
- Enter your Password Keeper password.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings > Import Passwords.
- Enter your previous Password Keeper or BlackBerry Wallet password to transfer the passwords from a previous device to the Password Keeper app.
Note: Only credentials that are compatible between the BlackBerry Wallet app and the Password Keeper app are imported. Credit card credentials are not imported.
After the Password Keeper data is imported, it is removed from the backup file; however, other personal data remains in the backup file.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.