Selecting word suggestions that appear while you type
Your BlackBerry device is designed to learn what you tend to say and where in a sentence you tend to say it. Your device uses this information to try to predict what word you might type next and displays suggested words on the BlackBerry Keyboard. You can then use flick typing to quickly select a suggested word, by placing your finger just below the word and flicking it up towards the message screen.
Select a suggested word
Change where word suggestions appear
By default, word suggestions appear on the BlackBerry Keyboard so that you don't have to look above where you're typing to see the suggestions. If you have difficulty selecting the suggestions, or you find the Keyboard looks cluttered, you can set the suggestions to appear above the Keyboard instead.
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings > Language and Input > On-Screen Keyboard.
In the Portrait Mode and Landscape Mode drop-down lists, choose how you
want the word suggestions to appear.
- To have word suggestions appear above the Keyboard, tap In-Column.
- To have word suggestions appear on the Keyboard, tap In-Letter.
- To turn off word suggestions, tap Off.
When you set word suggestions to appear above your Keyboard, you can use the suggestion by flicking up from anywhere directly beneath the word you want to use.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.