Taking pictures and recording videos
Tip: To quickly take a picture or start recording a video from the Camera application, press the Volume Up key or the Volume Down key. Press either key again to stop recording.
Take a picture
Tip: To make sure that your picture looks the best when being displayed on devices other than your BlackBerry device, such as a computer screen, make sure that you hold the camera in landscape view before you take the picture.
Make sure that is selected.
- To change what the camera focuses on, drag the focus box anywhere on the screen.
- To zoom in or zoom out, slide your fingers apart or together on the screen. Zoom only works in Normal and Stabilization shooting modes.
Do any of the following:
- To take one picture, tap anywhere on the screen.
- To take continuous pictures when you have Burst shooting mode turned on, touch and hold the screen. The camera will stop taking pictures when you take your finger off of the screen.
Tip: To turn on grid lines, in the Camera app, swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap . Set the Display Grid Lines switch to On.
Record a video
Tip: To make sure that your recorded video looks the best when being played on devices other than your BlackBerry device, such as a computer screen, make sure that you hold the camera in landscape view before you record the video.
- Make sure that is selected.
- To change what the video camera focuses on, drag the focus box anywhere on the screen.
- To zoom out or zoom in, slide your fingers together or apart on the screen.
- To start recording, tap anywhere on the screen.
To stop recording, tap the screen again.
Turn on autofocus lock
You can use the autofocus lock on your BlackBerry device to take multiple pictures without having to wait for the focus to adjust between pictures.
When the focus box turns green, touch and hold inside of the focus box.
appears in the focus box when autofocus is set.
To turn off autofocus, drag the focus box anywhere on the screen or tap inside of the focus box.
Record a video in stereo
You can capture videos in stereo by turning your BlackBerry device to landscape view.
Tip: When you connect a stereo headset to your device, stereo recording is available regardless of device orientation.
Switch between the camera, the video camera, and Time Shift mode
In the Camera app, you can take pictures and record videos using the camera, video camera, and Time Shift capture modes.
- Tap your current capture mode: , , or .
- Tap the capture mode that you want to use.
Access the Camera app from the Lock screen
On the Lock screen, touch and hold .
Peek at the last picture or video that you took
You can peek at the last picture that you took or the video that you recorded to see if you captured what you wanted.
- Touch and hold the thumbnail at the bottom of the screen.
Slide your finger up to expand the thumbnail.
- To return to the Camera app, lift your finger from the screen.
- To delete the picture or video, slide you finger to the right on to .
- To share the picture or video, slide your finger to the right on to .
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.