Set up your device with BlackBerry Link
When you set up your BlackBerry device with BlackBerry Link, you can give your device a display name that identifies your device in BlackBerry Link and appears as your device name on your device. You can also set whether or not you want to automatically sync music, pictures, videos, and documents between your computer and your device.
If you have a BlackBerry smartphone that is running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 or later or a device that is running BlackBerry 10 OS and you want to transfer your data to a new device running BlackBerry 10 OS, you can select if you want your camera pictures to automatically sync with your computer.
- On your computer, open BlackBerry Link.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- If prompted, type the password for your device.
- On the side of the screen, click your device.
- Type a display name for your device.
of the following:
- To establish a permanent connection with your computer, select the Manage this device with BlackBerry Link option.
- To establish a one-time connection with your computer, select the This is a one-time connection; do not manage this device with BlackBerry Link option.
Do one of the following:
- To add your device to BlackBerry Link without transferring data from an old device or updating the device software, click Start Using My Device.
- To transfer data before you add your device to BlackBerry Link, click Switch Devices. Follow the instructions on the screen. For more information, see Switch to a new device.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.