I can't add a BBM contact
The person's device might be turned off, the person might not have responded to your invitation, or the person might have ignored your invitation.
To view your pending invitations, complete the following:
- Tap > .
- Tap Sent.
If an invitation remains in your Sent list for a long time, you can delete it. Just touch and hold the invitation and tap .
I used the wrong BlackBerry ID for BBM
If you accidentally sign in to BBM using the wrong BlackBerry ID, you must delete all of the data from your BlackBerry device to use a different BlackBerry ID.
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings > BlackBerry ID.
An app keeps prompting me
Applications might ask for permission to connect to BBM. If you grant permission, you can chat from within the BBM connected app, update your status, and share your activities and achievements on your BBM profile.
To change your options for BBM connected apps, complete the following:
- In the Settings app, tap Security and Privacy > Application Permissions.
- Tap the app's name.
- Change the options. For example, limit certain actions or disconnect the app from BBM.
- Tap .
I accidentally blocked an invitation
- In BBM, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap .
- Beside the Blocked Contacts field, tap Edit.
- Tap .
- Beside a name, tap .
I can't use BBM
- Check that your device is connected to Wi-Fi or to the mobile network.
- Check that other apps that require Internet access are working. For example, open the BlackBerry Browser and go to a website.
- Open BBM. If prompted, complete any setup steps.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.