Start a BBM chat
Use BBM to chat in real-time with your contacts and know when someone has read your message. Share pictures, voice notes, your location, or other files.
Unlike text messaging, where you might pay for each text message regardless of how brief the message might be, BBM uses your data plan so that you can express yourself in as many, or as few, messages as you want.
- Tap > .
- Tap a contact. If you can't find particular contacts, they might be pending contacts or recently changed their name.
- Type your message or select an emoticon.
- Press the Send key.
Send a file or ping someone
- To attach a file, tap .
- To ping the contact, tap > .
Peek at your chats
While in a chat, you can quickly peek at your other chats.
Send a broadcast message
- Tap > .
- Type in the field, or tap to select a few contacts from your address book and tap Done.
- Type your message.
- Tap Send.
Invite others to a chat
- In your chat, tap .
- Select some contacts.
- Tap Done.
View your chat history
By default, you can view messages that you sent and received in your active chats. You can also change your BBM options so that you can view your chat history with a contact after the chat has ended.
- In BBM, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap .
- Set the Save Chat History switch to On.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.