Set up your device
The first time your BlackBerry device starts, the Setup app opens. The Setup app needs a network connection, so make sure your device is connected to a mobile network or is within range of a Wi-Fi network. After the initial setup, you can open the Setup app by tapping the Setup icon on the home screen.
The Setup app prompts you to enter an existing BlackBerry ID or create a new one. If you are not sure if you already have a BlackBerry ID, on your computer, visit www.blackberry.com/blackberryid.
You can use the Setup app to:
- Add your email, BBM, instant messaging, and social networking accounts
- Set up your payment options for purchases you make from the BlackBerry World storefront
- Transfer data from a device running BlackBerry 7 or 7.1
- Customize and personalize your device settings
- Watch tutorials or open the Help app to learn more about BlackBerry 10 OS
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.