Battery life varies depending on how you use your BlackBerry
device. To help battery power last longer, try any of the following:
- Use the power-saving options in your device settings. To adjust the screen
brightness or change the screen lock timeout, on the home screen, swipe down from
the top of the screen. Tap
Settings > Display.
- Turn down the device volume with the volume keys on the right side of your
device. To adjust other volume settings, on the home screen, swipe down from the top
of the screen. Tap
Settings > System Volume or
- Close any apps or features that you are finished using so that they aren't
continously running in the background. Some features consume more battery power than
others and should be closed or turned off when not in use. For example, the camera,
the browser, Voice Control, GPS, and Bluetooth technology.
- If your device is out of a network coverage area, turn off the connection so
that your device doesn't continuously search for a network signal. To turn off or
change network connections, on the home screen, swipe down from the top of the
Settings > Network Connections.
- Use the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software. If a software update is available for your device, a notification appears in BlackBerry Hub.
- Save data to a media card instead of your device storage.
- Turn off the camera flash.
Tip: Like most electronic devices, your device battery will drain less
quickly if you keep it out of the sun and other hot places, keep the contacts clean, and
charge it regularly. Avoid leaving your device turned off with a low battery power level
for an extended period of time.