Turn off automatic sync
If you don't want all of your new music, pictures, videos, and documents, and changes to those files, to automatically sync between your computer and your BlackBerry device, you can turn off automatic sync for all or some of your files. By default, automatic sync is turned on for music, pictures, videos, and documents when you set up your device with BlackBerry Link.
If you turn off automatic sync, you can manually sync files between your computer and your device. You must also manually sync any changes to the files that you manually synced.
- On your computer, open BlackBerry Link.
- At the bottom of the screen, click your device.
- Click the icon.
- In the Settings view, click Synchronization.
Do any of the following:
- To turn off automatic sync for your music, clear the Music checkbox.
- To turn off automatic sync for your pictures, clear the Pictures checkbox.
- To turn off automatic sync for your video, clear the Videos checkbox.
- To turn off automatic sync for your documents, clear the Documents checkbox.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.