Set up your device with BlackBerry Link
When you set up your BlackBerry device with BlackBerry Link, you can give your device a display name that identifies your device in BlackBerry Link and appears as your device name on your device. You can also set whether or not you want to automatically sync music, pictures, videos, and documents between your computer and your device.
If you have a BlackBerry smartphone that is running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 or later or a device that is running BlackBerry 10 OS and you want to transfer your data to a new device running BlackBerry 10 OS, you can transfer supported data when you set up your new device with BlackBerry Link.
- On your computer, open BlackBerry Link.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- At the bottom of the screen, click your device.
- If necessary, type the password for your device.
- Type a display name for your device.
of the following:
- To establish a permanent connection with your computer, select the Link this device and this computer checkbox.
- To establish a one-time connection with your computer, select the Do not link this device and this computer. This is a one-time connection checkbox.
Do one of the following:
- To add your device to BlackBerry Link without transferring data from an old device or updating the device software, click Next.
- To transfer data before you add your device to BlackBerry Link, choose which data you want to transfer from a previous device, and click Next. Follow the instructions on the screen. For more information, see Switch to a new device.
If necessary, do
- If existing data is found on your new smartphone, select specific content types,such as music, pictures, videos, or documents that you want to transfer to your computer. Click Finish.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.